Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhaine86

Soybean meal attracts deer?

rhaine86
16 years ago

I posted this in the organic lawn forum but haven't yet received a reply- perhaps someone here has some experience with using soybean meal as a natural fertilizer???

I am going organic w/ my lawn care and was all excited to purchase a big bag of soybean meal to put down this weekend but I figured-- given that we are in an area that has deer, maybe I should see if they would eat it? I assume that they would love love love alfalfa pellets-- so I'm not even going to try that.

After googling- I see that it is used in deer food products. Shoot! Now, I do live in a development where there are many homes, so it's not like I'm out in the woods where they would feel real comfortable grazing all day. I have two (small) dogs that frequent the yard during the day, and neighbors around me have them as well. Most yards are fenced-- but that doesn't always keep the deer out. I would guess since having lived here a year, we've seen them in or around our yard a handful of times.

My main concern is that obviously I dont want them chowing down on my grass trying to get the good stuff.

Anyone have experience with this?? Or thoughts??

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County