Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decline_gw

Help with Security..

Decline
19 years ago

I am from england and have a fairly large south facing garden next to an alley on one side. The alley way wall is East facing and the fence at the end of the garden is North facing. Both are roughly 6 feet tall expect the wall whixh stops about a foot too early and has 4 foot wooden panels to fill it in. This is where i find it hard to explain.

Imagine a: + ,where the : is the alley and i am on the bottom left. I have a 30 feet max conifer im taking out (for the wall). On the top left theres a 15-20 foot variegated holly and on the top right a 30-40 foot copper birch. Nothing really on the bottom right, just a hell of alot of roots i guess.

The problem is i need a hardy, thorny? thick bush that will grow to about 7 foot atleast that can manage with the other with poor soil. (naterually i'll feed it etc...) and 4 - 5 hours of sun a day.

I dont mind if isnt thorny and just causes a horrible skin rash when you tounch it, (both would be fun :)). I did used to have a bush that had orange berrys and 4-6cm thorns. If possible i'd like colourful berrys.(No roses though)

Thank you for any help

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21