Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahdecor_gw

Removing garden in back but not front

sarahdecor
15 years ago

Hi,

We have been in our first home which backs up to woods almost a year. Previous owner had many beds in front and back. We are taking out hostas etc. b/c the cost of deer sprays and the time of gardening is a lot for our young family butWould like to leave other beds in front of home BUT the back has a stone wall on left and right and an arbor in middle full of plants its very pretty but the deer are relentless. We back up to protected woods and walking area. NONE of neighbors have many planting in back but ours are plentiful. Spent a lot last year on sprays didnt work that well. Plus have young family and only can use non-toxic products

If I take out all plants and just do some lavender or something they hate along wall will they leave us alone or go into front of house beds that we want to keep.

I have environmentally safe anti tick and flea products placed and sprayed in yard but I want to keep deer away b/c of my child. So I am thinking no back garden will help but will they come closer to home in front? I love the look of a garden and want to keep the front but my child's safety from ticks is most important.

any advice is much appreciated!

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert