Return to the Plants for Difficult Places Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
deer repellent

Posted by joelsm z6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 18:26

I live near Lake Ontario in zone 6- have used coyote urine sprinkled around "deer desserts" annuals. It worked, but the garden wasn't near the house(about 100 feet away from back patio). It smelled awful up close, but it worked! Applied after summer downpours- about 3 times during the season. Once in the Fall before frost. Can buy it at most garden centers. Good luck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: deer repellent

OK. How do you GET coyote urine? Even if you buy it in "granular form", if that exists, how the heck do people get it in the first place, cause I can't imagine. Coyotes are wild. No one can capture their pee. If they are in a zoo, still, how would anyone capture the pee and get enough to sell. I'm almost laughing. Please tell me. Would my husband do? Could I send him out to "protect" the bushes with his coyote urine?

o
RE: deer repellent

Coyote urine doesnt work for me - maybe as the deer have established browsing trails. Yesterday deer were munching just three feet away from an application bottle....so its back to garlic and sggs. Trouble is the garlic clogs up the sprayer - you cant win it seems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plants for Difficult Places Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here