Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llurgy

Privacy shrubs for semi shaded area

llurgy
18 years ago

We have hit upon a problem over the last 2 years.....Our next door neighbour has decided to use the back corner of his yard as a dumping ground for a broken down garage and old trucks.

The neighbour has now taken up welding and ripping apart the aforementioned old trucks from this same corner of his yard.

The trouble is, that this corner of his yard is out of sight from his house but in plain sight of our dining room and kitchen windows......We need something planted and growing there double quick, it looks terrible.

The link supplied shows the problem area taken as a view of what we see from our windows.

We need some dense, quite high and fast growing shrubs to as least reach the bottom branches to the trees growing in the problem areas.

I am not sure what kind of soil we have, but it is clay based after the first 8 inches or thereabouts. The shrubs growing to the right of the problem area are forsythia.

We would prefer not to have more of the same, and in keeping with the natural look of our back yard as it stands, nothing formal or too 'planted' looking.

My husband hates the wild multi-flora that grows in abundance around these parts so anything with prickly thorns is out too.

Hope someone can help.....all I have come up with so far is Viburnam.

If what you all suggest is not sold at Walmart/Lowes then I would have to go mail order as we live in the sticks and there are no Garden centers within 80-100 miles of us.

http://www.schtabs.com/images/BackYard.jpg

Thanks

Mandy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone