Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katherinesk8

Ideas for large berm area (hill)

katherinesk8
19 years ago

Hi - we have a difficult landscaping situation. Our front yard is long and the part to the far right has a large berm - hill on it. At the far end of the slope is our property line. Right now this land does not look like it belongs to our property because, 1) we have left it alone and let the city maintain it and 2)because our backyard fence ends before the hill.

We are trying to bring this piece of land back. Any ideas? (Beyond our hill is another grassy berm and then the road corner.) I planted a number of austrian pines this year - mainly to block traffic views... now I want to make this look like our yard.

It seems a little high for a formal garden - also I worry that it might look like the neighborhoods entrance garden and not sure everyone would like what I do. Thought about natural grasses or cornflowers - but what about weed control? We have an out of control buckthorn problem around here.... It seems silly to do a bush at the corner of our property because that would be at the bottom of the hill. Is grass the best option - at least it would "match" our lawn....

Help!!!

Thank you

Comments (3)

Sponsored