Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dor476

on a hill w/crazy dogs and sand for soil

dor476
18 years ago

Hi all. I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the correct place. I wish I knew how to submit a photo as this could help worlds w/explaining my situation.

My backyard slopes down away from my home. We built a low deck ontop of a huge concrete slab. Outlined that in brick and then continued a boardwalk type structure around a pond. This entire structure steps down in phases (the pond however is built upwards and is pretty much even w/the deck). Confusing I know. Our main problem is our dobermans. They are sweet as baby bunnies but desstructive as devils. They eat anything and everything that will fit in their mouths. Trees, shrubs, rocks, bricks, wood...etc...This is why our backyard is slowly becoming a solid structure...no living plants grass etc. We need something to outline this massive structure and would really love to try some sort of pointy type shrub (something that would hurt their mouths and possibly deter them from eating). They are only out there when we are but the damage they can do in seconds is unreal. Problem #1 is that it slopes down a lot where the structure ends and would have to be built up w/rocks or mulch or something. This would require yet another structure around this area like rocks/railroad ties..etc. Problem#2 is that our soil is basically sand.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me??!?!??! I would very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022