Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scarletdaisies

Any of these plants Allopathic?

scarletdaisies
14 years ago

I've had two bad years of gardening, slow fruit producers, sometimes tomatoes would rot green on the vine, this year with 12 plants, 11 lived and I got about 25 tomatoes from them all, great compared to last year. I'm thinking it's the Walnut tree, even though the walnut tree is downhill from the garden area, things started doing better for this garden this year when the walnut trees up and died at the beginning of spring without producing any walnuts.

I've just read sycamore trees are also inhibitors of some type, grasses, etc. I think I have about 5 small sycamore trees if I have the right tree. I posted most of what's growing in my yard around my garden area, and if anyone can point out if any of them are allelopathic, I would appreciate it.

I don't know the names of any of these bushes or trees, but if you could tell if you recognize any that are allelopathic, it might save me lots of terrible work. Even composting on the same property might absorb the same poisons, so my work will all be wasted if any of these do kill their surrounding plants.

Thanks!! I hope you can help!

{{gwi:351541}}

{{gwi:351543}}

{{gwi:351542}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living