Return to the Plants for Difficult Places Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steam Lines Posing Problems

Posted by dgennaro62 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 10:45

I am the grounds supervisor for a college campus in Atlanta where we have a substantial underground maze of steam lines. Unfortunately, the original installation of the lines was shallow and little/no insulation was used. As a result the soil gets extremely hot. This is good in the winter, as the turf and plants over the lines stay greener longer, but in the Spring and Summer it poses a problem where soil temperatures are excessive and nothing, to date, will grow. We have resorted to using pine straw, but I am hoping to find a resiliant plant or groundcover that will do well in hot soils. If you are familiar with this issue, and can direct me to plants that would survive these conditions - I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steam Lines Posing Problems

Sorry I don't have any advice, but this looks like a dead forum. The third post down from you is dated 2005. I suggest you contact the local agricultural extension agent in your area. I just happened to look here because I didn't know what aleopathy was.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plants for Difficult Places Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here