Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone ever Dry a Brugmansia Bloom? AKA Angel's Trumpet

Posted by KinTheGardenGuy z8 OR (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 1, 05 at 6:35

Hi, Has anyone here ever tried to dry a Brugmansia Bloom? I want to attempt drying some this Summer. Any help or advise would be great. Here is a picture of the type of bloom. Thanks Kin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone ever Dry a Brugmansia Bloom? AKA Angel's Trumpet

I tried using silica gel. The blossoms have too much water, I think--they came out brown, limp, and worthless. I have dried lots of things successfully, but would not bother with this again.

o

Thanks KMS! I was wondering if there may be some difficulty with this type of bloom. Thanks for taking the time to post a follow up. Kin

o

Kin,

I know this is rather late to re-visit this thread, but I wanted to amend the opinion I posted more than 2(!) years ago. In the fall of 2005 I brought my brugs inside for the winter, and a few flowers opened and dried on the plant (I guess because they were not pollinated, they didn't drop their petals). Although they did not retain their big gorgeous shape, they dried to a beautiful soft but vibrant peachy/orange color, and reminded me of a long, tubular lily flower. I used them in a mixed dried flower wreath, and the color a year later is still beautiful.

kms

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here