Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

 o
Microwave Flower Press

Posted by Ruby_Red Z6 CT (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 9, 03 at 9:43

There's a microwave flower press offered on QVC today (it's all day crafts - 24 hrs - woohoo) and was wondering if anyone has used this - called Microfleur - or any other microwave presses and their opinions. Or if maybe these are available in local craft stores. I'm mostly interested in drying leaves but maybe some other flowers too. TIA


Follow-Up Postings:

 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

Hi Ruby Red,

I used to use the terracotta press from Lee Valley. Then I discovered the fabulous Sunwave press. It works great, does not go in the microwave and allows for 3 layers of pressing. Drying takes 2-3 days, and its foolproof!!

Let me know if I can be of any more help; I bought 2 this past Summer and love them.

Marsha


 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

Hi Ruby Red,

I've pressed 100's of different flowers and greenery with the terracotta microwave press from Lee Valley and have had success with about 85% - 90% of them.

Best regards,
Cindy


 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

I also have used the trracotta microwave press from Lee Valley and have had great success with it. When I first started I had to experiment with different times after using a handmade wooden press, the microwave press works much faster(but does not hold a lot of flowers at one time.)I use both depending on how many flowers I am pressing.


 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

I have had good luck with the Lee Valley flower press, but it does get hot. We had some tile left over from a project so I just cut some padding and muslin squares. Put the tile down, next the felt pad and then the muslin. Place your flowers then add the next three layers. I made several so when one heated up I could go to the next one.


 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

Thanks all for the info. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. But at least now I have a bit more knowledge on the press. :o)


 o
RE: Microwave Flower Press

I had the microfleur and I give this warning to anyone using a microwave flower press: Be very careful to press seconds on the microwave and not minutes. Burnt mine. The outside of the press itself is ok but smells so bad I can't use it.
(maybe no one else is this stupid though)
Donna


 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!


Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.


Learn more about in-text links on this page here