Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pressed flower has stripes

Posted by cornflakegrl (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 5, 10 at 15:59

I am still having problems with pressing flowers. Now, all the flowers have stripes from the cardboard. They look like they were put on a grill. I am thinking about putting more layers of absorbant material between the paper and the cardboard, but I am worried about the rot problems developing again. Help please!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pressed flower has stripes

I'm having the same problems. Wish someone would reply to you and then I'd know what to do. I'm using a fine fluted cardboard (wine box) with layers of paper and blotting paper in between in a press in order of cardboard, blotting paper, plain paper, flower, plain paper, blotting paper, cardboard, how are you doing it?

o

hi, instead of cardboard, try mat board. Put a layer of air conditioning foam on either side of the paper (try tissues or Viva paper towels). It will allow air circulation to avoid rot, and will not leave "stripes" on your flowers. Viva paper towel is the only type without an embossed design, so again, no design on the flowers. You have the right idea with making a "sandwich"--try the foam- it works great!

o

Hi I feel your pain, years ago I found presses didn't work, I use plain old phone books and computer printing paper and weights put on top.I shared this with a fellow Master Gardener one day and he used to work for the phone company and told me why it works so well, they put fungucide in the paper so my flowers don't mold at all. I just section out pages between my pressings and use two sheets of printing paper with flowers in between. I have been pressing for many years, see my site www.petalpress.com for examples all done with phone books only. good luck, so easy.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Petal Press

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here