Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscapes Using Pressed Flowers

Posted by atravers zone 5 (atravers@snet.net) on
Sun, Feb 15, 04 at 18:39

Hello.

I've seen some wonderful landscapes created from pressed flowers. I have been pressing flowers for years now and use them in cards. But I haven't got up the nerve to do a small landscape yet. Any tips on how to get started? Do a rough sketch? Any tips would really be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscapes Using Pressed Flowers

Hello to you...

Landscapes are easy to do - start small. Find a simple picture that you like on the internet or from clipart or a magazine. You also need to have pressed various leaves and grasses to use as stems, etc.

When I do "landscape", I don't try to place my flowers into a background, but rather work on a solid color paper (usually white). Put your stems at the bottom of your page, or you can put a horizon line in to keep them from floating in mid-air. Try to do just a row of flowers in different sizes. Work from your picture or just place your flowers on the page, moving them around until you get a pleasing composition before attaching them. I don't know how to post a picture here, but I will email you one that did that is very simple and gets tons of compliments. It really is easy - my daughters who are 8 & 5 love to do it with the flowers they press. Good luck!

o
RE: Landscapes Using Pressed Flowers

We've had some landscaping projects in the World Wide Pressed Flower Guild. Check it out at www.wwpfg.org. This group will help with anything and everything re: pressed plants. There are members who have won national and international awards for their work and are so willing to share. There's a small annual membership fee, but worth every penny. Projects every month, and lots of sources and information. Members range from novice to expert and we all learn from each other.

Here is a link that might be useful: World Wide Pressed Flower Guild

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here