Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Using Japanese Rice

Posted by web_helen (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 16:03

Hi, Does anyone know the technique for using Japanese Rice paper to seal note cards? An dear old friend of mine, (long gone) made me 6 of the most beautiful pressed flower cards and put rice paper on top for protection. I would love to know how she did it.

Helen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Using Japanese Rice

Hi Helen,

I've used rice paper with some of my framed pressed flower art pieces, using Matte Modge Podge (not the glossy type) as an adhesive.

I would recommend applying a light coat of Modge Podge over your flowers (assuming they have already been glued to your card), and then place the rice paper on top, carefully smoothing out any air bubbles or wrinkles. Apply another coat of Modge Podge, and let dry. If need be, apply a second coat.

I hope that helps!

Kind Regards,
Elizabeth

Here is a link that might be useful: Elizabeth's Flowers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here