Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dying white flowers to stay white

Posted by HeartSong2 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 3:00

I'm new to flower pressing, but I'm so enthralled by it that I've been tempted to press everything in sight this spring! I pressed some beautiful, small white flowers from a tree that I think was a Bradford Pear. However, they turned a dingy tan color. Things that I've read state that many white flowers will turn tan or cream when pressed. I'm thinking that if I use a white dye on the white flowers, they will stay white after pressing. Has anyone done this successfully? What kind of dye did you use? Has anyone used another method to keep white flowers white after pressing? Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dying white flowers to stay white

Dear HeartSong, I am new at pressing flowers also......I had some of my whites to turn tan......but, I figured out, I can put them in a box on a paper towel and spray Design Master spray on them for pretty colors....... the thing that stays white for me is crepe myrtle....the White "Natchez" kind..... Also, some Queen Anne's Lace stays white also, as well as works for spraying.....
the Design Master comes in different colors. Still trying new things.....

o

Try using the broad tip white opaque Sharpie markers to color the whites. Works for some flowers if they aren't too brown.

o

Try rubbing chalk on paper and then use your finger to pick up the chalk dust and lightly dab it onto your pressed flower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here