Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin Peppers

Posted by sylky00 z6 KY (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 9:40

Last year, I lost almost my whole crop of pumpkin peppers because of something that caused oozing black spots on the peppers. The extension agent said it was a rot caused by overhead watering (which I never do) or seeds saved from the previous year, which I did do. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd grown them for several years with no problems.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin Peppers

No, but I think I've had every other problem -- flea beetles, mingy plants, low yields, early frosts. What spacing do you use for your plants, and what -- if any -- special care and feeding do they get?

o
RE: Pumpkin Peppers

I have to check my notes for the spacing, but I don't do anything special to them. The flea beetles are a given here with the peppers and chinese lanterns, but they don't seem to harm the plants too much. I don't get anything close to the 20-30 pepper per plant yield listed-it's more like 7-12, so I just plant more. I also lost some from an early frost-I harvested them, but they never dried and had to be thrown away. It's hard to find information on the pumpkin peppers, so it's going to be trial and error with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here