Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressed Hellebores

Posted by nckvilledudes z7 NC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 03 at 12:50

Hi all. This is my first time posting on this forum and just thought I would let everyone know that I have had great success pressing hellebore flowers. I don't even do anything fancy--just place the flowers between two pieces of paper towel and place all the layers between the pages of a heavy book and then set extra books on top of the original book. This has worked great for individual hydrangea blooms, fuschias blooms I collected while in Ireland (just pressed them between the pages of a paperback book I had with me on the trip), african violets, and as someone else posted orchid blooms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressed Hellebores

Hey I will try this with my hellebores. They are blooming in my zone at this time. At what stage do you cut the flower to press. Should it be pretty well open? and then do you sorta lay the bloom face down in the paper towel to press it open. What do you do with your pressed flowers? Do you make note cards, put them in candles, etc. I want to try pressing some of my flowers again.

o

Luv4buds, yes I get the flowers when they are fully open and place the bloom face down on several layers of paper towels, put more layers on the backside and then smash them in between books. So far, I have used the pressed flowers in frames as pictures on my wall. As I do more flowers I would like to make some floral scenes in frames.

o

Just a note on using paper towels. I have found (the hard way!!) :>/ that the only paper towels to use pressing flowers are the plain Viva towels. All others in the US have deep embossed patterns, which will give you embossed flowers!!:>(
The hellebores press beautifully!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here