Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a home for dried flowers

Posted by Matt7 colorado (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 9:46

Hello,

My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making beautiful dried flower cards. She left behind stacks and stacks of dried and pressed flowers preserved in layers of newspapers and books. The flowers vary in colors and sizes, but are mostly small blooms.

I would like to find a home for these. I hate the idea of throwing away such a trove of beautiful pressed flowers. Does anyone have suggestions of how I could find someone who could use these? It would likely be someone local, (Arvada, Colorado) as the pressed flowers are in the layers of papers and books, and could fill quite a few cabinets. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you, Matt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a home for dried flowers

Hi Matt,

I live in Oregon so I'm not sure you'd want to send here. But I teach pressed flower classes and always need flowers! I also work with dialysis patients and they love working with pressed flowers! Just let me know if you think it would be possible to send, I can pay for the postage.

If not, perhaps you have a local Arts Center? Or an after school program they could be donated to? Thanks! Shelly

o

Shelly

I have checked with Denver Botanical Gardens, and searched on line for people who make dried flower cards, but no luck.

These are all small sized flowers, but I will be happy to send you some, if you can use them.

matt

o

Thanks Matt! That would be great! My address is PO Box 122, Alsea, OR 97324 :)

o

I work at Aldridge Gardens in Hoover Alabama. If you would be interested I would love to have some, if there are any left, to do crafts with the children that come in during the day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aldridge Gardens link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here