Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dried Viburnums

Posted by sylky00 z6 KY (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 11:01

I saw a site that offered dried viburnums for sale. They looked really nice, and I'm tempted to try them. I'm just curious as to why I've never seen them offered as a dried flower before. Has anyone else dried them successfully before, or know of any reason why they wouldn't be useful as a dried? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dried Viburnums

I tried them for the first time this year after seeing them listed in some refernces as making good sried flowers. By the time I noticed this, all we had were a few of our arrowwood viburnams still to bloom. They dried nicely, although the stems weren't as long as I'd like. If they hold up, next year I'll try drying some blooms from a fragrant asian viburnum, too, and see if I can't find some with longer stems.

I picked them when they were still in bud. They dry more quickly than I expected for a woody plant.

o
RE: Dried Viburnums

Thanks for the reply, Neil. After seeing the dried viburnums, I tried looking them up online. There's zillions of viburnums, so it'll be a long-term project... One variety that was mentioned as being good cut or dried was V.opulus 'Sterilis'. Another was V. macrocephalum. I haven't run across any others yet. It would be wonderful if they did dry-there aren't that many white or cream flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here