Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi I'm new with some questions.

Posted by camelotscribe SW / WA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 07 at 23:28

Hello everyone,

This is a great forum and I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience here.

Where I live South West Western Australia, I have found in very hard to locate and purchas Silica Gel/Crystals/Powder and was therefore wondering if cat litter can be used the same way to dry flowers?

To press roses, cammelias and other big, bulky flowers do you have to pull them apart first then reconstruct when pressed and dried to decorate your card/picture? Or can you press the complete flower?

I am a addict to flower pressing and dried flowers and wish to make cards, bookmarks, pictures etc. Is contact ok to cover the pressed flowers when attached to cards?

Ok, must go and do some creative work, I've been here all morning reading your many great suggestions/questions and answers.

Many thanks once again to all. :)

If anyone is interested in looking at my homepage and learning a little more about me, see link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: CamelotScribe's homepage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi I'm new with some questions.

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 11, 07 at 6:48

Hi, I've certainly heard of folks using cat litter, also plain sand. I'm attaching a link that is great for drying and preserving suggestions, plus lots of other great info. Good luck. josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Drying & Preserving Flowers & Foliage

o

Hi everyone, My daughter bought me a Microfleur press and I have been experimenting today with it. My first project, of course, I made her a Thank you card. Can anyone recommend a glue for greeting card stock? Also there are other projects I would like to try and they are listing a floral sealant. Any recommendations on that as well. I did go to a Michaels today and they didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. I would like to try a glass vase and put some pressed flowers on it. Thought that would make a nice gift. Any help for a a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

o

Hi Arlene,

I've been making and selling pressed flower cards for a number of years and almost gave up making them because they just weren't durable enough to withstand the mail.
Thankfully I came across "Perfect Paper Adhesive", which can act as a tough, flexible UV resistant sealant as well as an adhesive. It does a super job protecting pressed flowers and is virtually invisible. I use it to glue my flowers down, as well as to seal them.
It can be found at some craft stores, or on my website.
Happy Creating!

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfect Paper Adhesive

o

what is bebo.com? please tell me more

o

A mixture of borax and cornmeal can also be used for drying flowers according to several of my references.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here