Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help with Bridal Bouquet-Urgent

Posted by kjordan Northern CA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 14, 08 at 13:36

Hello:
On Friday I was happily married to the love of my life. We had a very simple ceremony, and our lovely daughter created (along with the help of a local florist), a very beautiful bridal bouquet consisting of 13 Ivory roses with a small amount of greenery.
I was not really expecting such a wonderful gift, and would like to preserve the flowers and give them as a thank you back to our daughter. She was so proud of her work, I just could not see it go to waste.
We are very basic people that work hard and love greatly. What I would like to do is dry the bouquet intact if possible, as I am a disabled woman and donot have a whole lot of flexibility in my hands, nor am I very artistic.
Can anyone here please help me with information on how to preserve these flowers I know that this is a vertime sensitive thing, and I have had the flowers refridgerated since Friday night.
Thanks in advance for any advice. It would mean the world to me to have this wonderful gift as a keepsake.
Kim Jordan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help with Bridal Bouquet-Urgent

I hope I'm not too late posting. Your best option would be to find a warm, dry, dark place, and hang the bouquet upside down. When the petals feel dry and crisp,it's done.
There will be a lot of shrinkage, so the bouquet stems may need to be tightened. It won't look the same as fresh, but it will have a different kind of beauty, and should last a long time. Congratulations, and best wishes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here