Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you dry sedum?

Posted by sandy9743 z5-il-macon (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 02 at 21:18

I have the tall sedum that get the flowering heads on it can you dry this to use in arrangements please give details I've not done this before. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you dry sedum?

I think that since sedum are so fleshy, they might not dry very well (good?) but give it a try - probably silica gel or cat litter would work best. I think the product is named "Flower Dri" or something like that at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. I've had some for YEARS and just keep using it & using it & using it. Good Luck

o
RE: Can you dry sedum?

If you're drying sedum while it's still "fresh" or the stems are still fleshy, then only the heads will air dry just fine. The stems will get a little limp. Just hang them upside down in dry, cool, spot, or bring them inside in an arrangement and let them dry naturally where they are.

If you wait till the heads brown, then the stems get almost stick-like. They kind of dry naturally in place on the plant that way (kind of like hydrangea). You can keep them their natural brown color or use them for Christmas decorating by spraying them with a gold glitter spray.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here