Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowers Preserved in Acrylic

Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 10, 06 at 5:08

Ran across this site and I'm intrigued by the possibilities...wish they offered a DIY kit. I remember for years seeing an ad (in the New Yorker, I think), featuring a paperweight with the dandelion seedhead, but not sure it's the same company.

Hoping one of us can furnish more info on this method...josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowers Forever

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowers Preserved in Acrylic--

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 11, 06 at 1:45

Another site with acrylic spray and also a liquid acrylic that looks like water when added to a vase. I wonder if you could use it to submerge a dried flower in using a shallow paper tray that could later be peeled off...any thoughts? josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Acrylic flower preservation products

o
RE: Flowers Preserved in Acrylic

Josh,

Just happened to see this post - how cool! I would love to try the acrylic spray/liquid idea of yours. Have you yet? If so, please let me know how it turned out.

Marie

o

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 07 at 6:48

Marie, No, haven't tried this. I think I decided that I really prefer the ephemeral nature of plants rather than encasing in acrylic. There are so many lovely flowers and seedheads that just make me catch my breath but it's partly because they so quickly fade ... pressing and drying prolong some but even they pale and grow brittle ...but I rather like the progression.

Would love just for curiosity to know if you decide to try the acrylic...I think part of me has a spark of interest still...LOL josh

o

Is there a speciel resin i could use to harden dried flowers. something that dried fast so that you could form the flower with out the run off. a thick resin or acrilic..I NEED HELP

o
Preserving Flowers

I'm posting several times to attempt to attrack some interest to this site. Where is everyone? Or does everyone know all they want or need to know?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here