Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elvis_gw

Have pressed orchids

elvis
21 years ago

I have a pile of orchids I pressed in my gardening books. I have no use for them, if anyone wants them for SASE or trade for some crafty thing you like to make...I grow orchids in my conservatory, and it seems a shame to just toss 'em, so I've been saving them.

Comments (16)

• ahsew
    21 years ago

Dear Elvis...Do you still hve the pressed orchids? I'm doing a tree for our local flower show and I can use them
    Thanks JJ

• elvis
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I wonder if I ever answered you! I have plenty of pressed orchids if you would like to have them. After a bloom is done, I can't bear to throw it out, so I stick it in one of my orchid books.

• tongatom
    20 years ago

Elvis,

came across your message - do u have any left over? Just started on an orchid craze and would love to have some pressed orchids. By the way, all you do is throw them between the pages of a book? Is it that simple? I wouldn't mind trying this! And the color is retained pretty well? Let me know please. Thanks.

• elvis
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Tongatom, I emailed you.

• razz
    20 years ago

Elvis,
    Do you have anymore or could you put me on the waiting list lol ?
    raz

• MelanieBZ
    20 years ago

These would make my week... although it doesn't take much at this point... I'm laid up after having surgery and I'm going stir crazy ;-)
    I'm sure you probably don't have any left at this point. Is it possible to maybe keep my name in mind for next season's crop?

Thanks a bunch!!
    Melanei

• sleepdep
    20 years ago

I'm sure you probably don't have any left at this point but if there is a waiting list I would love to be placed on it.

Thanks
    Kate

• elvis
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi, sleepdep. I'm sure I do have some; some are almost always blooming. I'll check it out tonight at home and get back to you.

• elvis
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Good evening, sleepdep! I finally took over the 'puter from DH. I only have a dozen or so right now pressed in books, but I have a lot blooming, so soon I will have 60+. Why not send a SASE (49 cents return postage), with a note and I will reserve them for you. Now, mind you--they are just crudely pressed, but they are cool I think. Your messages on this thread show up on my email, but the message says I can't reply, so here I am back on the thread. You might want to check and see if your GW block is enabled...LMK please--

Constance 'Elvis'.

• debbie9
    19 years ago

How do you press orchids? Where do you cut on the flower? I remember when I was a kid we used to wax paper leaves. I would love to read about it. Know any good links?
    my best, deb

• mangel
    19 years ago

Can you tell me how to press orchids.
    Thanks so much.

• AbstractCera
    19 years ago

please please please tell me you have some extra pressed orchids (and that you still post on this site!) - i'm doing an abstract asian art project and i really need a few (maybe 5 or 6) white pressed orchids, but any color is good. i can't find any anywhere!! not even on ebay! please please help me elvis or whoever else has pressed orchids! i will love you forever!!! screamingrose@hotmail.com

• elvis
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi there. All I have right now are some very dark ones. I have a yellow which is in spike, but not blooming yet. LMK is you're interested in the dark ones. 2 are from an oncidium and are brown. 4 are from a maroon brassia (spider type), and are pretty, but dark. Otherwise, like I said, the yellows will be awhile yet, probably 6+ weeks.

• DenyseDiem
    19 years ago

'Elvis'
    Hello there! I hope you remember me! I have to first apologize for not getting back to you much sooner. I had asked for any pressed orchids you may have and I explained that I make cards. We struck up a deal that I would teach you how to press them, etc. in exchange for your pressed blooms. Hope you remember....anyway, if you would still like to know about how to press them, etc., please let me know! I will start writing up directions anyway! Be well, Denyse

• denyse_2006
    17 years ago

Elvis,
    It's Denyse (formerly of MA) but I just moved to FL. I was wondering if you arre still pressing your orchids and if your offer is still good to please send me some. I can send you a SASE if you would like. Just let me know via email - drdiem@comcast.net. Thanks ever so much.
    Denyse Rattan Diem

Here is a link that might be useful: Orchidae Pressed Flowers

• natalialovesorchids
    17 years ago

anyone still have pressed orchids i could purchase? could pay you via paypal to your email or send you a check
    thanks
    looking for 100 1 to 1.5 inch orchids
    thanks
    natalia

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz