Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmariesteve

shipping dried wreaths and arrangements

lmariesteve
17 years ago

I'm considering trying to sell my arrangements on Ebay. Have any of you tried shipping your dried arrangements and do you have any suggestions/advice on how to package them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Lin

Comments (3)

• Josh
    17 years ago

Lin, I've exchanged dried flowers and foliage, grass seedheads, and berried stems with friends in other parts of country for years. We've used bubble wrap or in some cases plain newspaper gently wrapped around and then scotchtaped, then - most important-- taped the wrapped item directly to box. Then the next wrapped bunch is taped to both the box and first item. This prevents shifting of packages inside shipping box. If the box isn't filled up you can create air-pillows by blowing into a ziplock bag then zipping to fill up excess room, or there is a commercial product that is essentially the 'air-pillow'. This step isn't really necessary if your wrapped item is securely taped to box to prevent shifting...but is just an added precaution.

You might try sending a test package to yourself or a distant relative to test how it will fare.

Also, you might want to place on top of items in box a note of caution to recipient to unwrap very gently using scissors carefully. Also, that Elmer's Glue is useful for reattaching loose items. Most folks would know this but there's always that one person...LOL

Good luck. josh

• Josh
    17 years ago

Lin, I just remembered that those 'air-pillows' made of zip-locks are great too if you have something very fragile like Allium seedheads, etc. to be attached to the wreath after shipping. Just pop them in a bag, blow into it and zip...the air in the bag keeps the contents from being crushed, and the bag can be taped atop the other packages in box. josh

• lmariesteve
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Josh, I like the "air bubble" idea. My son suggested that I try one out and let him ride around with it in the bed of his truck, LOL. Good idea about the note and care instructions. Thanks! Lin

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH