Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bookmark with pressed flowers

Posted by livvyandbella MA. (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 3, 02 at 20:39

I would like to make bookmarks using pressed flowers. I wondered if you could tell me what type of paper would be best to use for this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bookmark with pressed flowers

• Posted by Kay_H NE MI-Z5 (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 6, 02 at 9:52

Our local craft store carries a variety of paper; different textures, thicknesses and colors. They sell it by the sheet. I just pick out whatever suits my fancy. Usually it is something between typing paper and greeting card paper.

I cut the paper down to the size an shape I want, glue on my flowers then take them all down to the small local newpaper office. They laminated them for me for a couple of dollars. It is a large laminating machine so we could get many bookmarks on a single sheet.

It worked really well. I also made a few refridgerator magnets the same way...just glued peices of flexable magnetic tape on the back of them.

Kay.

o

I use card stock...comes in lots of colors. Staples and other office supply stores have laminators. I put 8 to a sheet. If you have a good computer program, you can add verses to each. Write me for some fun verses.
sonshine@hvc.rr.com

o

Hi,
I bought a package of bookmarks at Hobby Lobby, glued on dried flowers and sealed with clear contact paper. Most flowers were wildflowers from this area, so wrote on the bottom the name. Then punched a hole in the top and looped ribbon thru.

Kitty

o

Small laminating machines can be purchased in the range of $40. Pouches to put bookmarks in are usually $10 per hundred. They can be used to laminate business cards, small pictures, etc. Lots of fun to use with bookmarks with fresh flowers pressed.

o

Its a lot of fun to use sheets of laminate, just lay the flowers on, cover with another sheet of laminate and then cut around the edges about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch out...punch a hole, thread a thin piece of ribbon and voila...a bookmark that sells for 3.50 in specialty shops...also you can thread raffia through the hole for a more natural look...have fun!!!!!!!! Kathy ~^~O

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here