Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drying tulip petals

Posted by tulip_petals AR (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 16, 06 at 20:57

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I got a bouquet of tulips, and the petals are falling off in four days =(

I would like to save them and store them as a special memory. How do I dry these petals and maintain its color. I am not even sure if this is possible but I have heard thats rose petals are stored like this.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drying tulip petals

You can air dry them by laying them out on a stack of newspaper or you can press them between sheets of white paper, weighed down by heavy books or bricks. You want to use several sheets of white paper between layer of petals and leave space around each one. Do not layer them. After 3-7 days your petals should be dry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here