Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Preserving Dried Wedding Flowers

Posted by Ang3828 AL (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 02 at 9:52

I have my wedding bouquet already dried. But I was wondering if anyone knows anything I can spray on them or dip them into to make them stiff so they will not fall apart. Thanks for any help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Preserving Dried Wedding Flowers

If they are dried, try spraying them lightly with unscented hairspray. This will give them a little extra holding-together power. It will not keep them from fading, though.

o

I've made swags for lotsa people with important flowers so everyone can enjoy them hung over the front door.!!

o

Hi all!

I remember the slight aroma the carnations from my mom's wedding album had. She had taken the white carnations are simply put them in her wedding album and closed the book.

And the smell was still present 20 years later!

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Husband Bob's Adventures

o

carnations are wonderful like that- the spicy smell lasts far longer than any floral! I have yet to run into anything that will keep flowers from fading- but one of the few places I'm not adverse to modern chemicals is here- I spray my hydrangea heads with satin polyurethane...a misty coating, let dry, spin the spray booth around, and mist the other side, and repeat- it keeps them from falling to powder, and the smell disperses fairly quickly. the other solution I have seen used is Ailene's Fabric Stiffener thinned to half consistency with water.

o

I've no any idea about your post mr.Neil allen but i'll search to get any idea of dried flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here