Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressed Flowers in Handmade Paper

Posted by AliceB z8a NC (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 02 at 18:48

I am looking into making my own paper, and was wondering if anyone else uses pressed flowers and/or seeds in them. I would appreciate your feedback. Are the flowers pressed differently?

I am also looking into the Microfleur flower press, and would like some opinions from those who have used it.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressed Flowers in Handmade Paper

Do you mean the microwave flower press. If so I have used for several years and they are very good. the only thing to look out for is not to leave the flowers in too long, just do it a minute at a time and keep checking. Sheila

o

Diphoto, are you referring to a method for drying and/or pressing flowers using a microwave? If so, could you please give us some details or post a link with info, if you happen to know of any? Thanks

o

Hi, I have just joined the group so that is why I have not responded to your questions before now.

I am using the microfleur all the time. It is very good. I am trying to use pressed flowers during the papermaking process, both in the pulp as in the laminating process. The dye keeps running out. Have you had this problem and if so, how did you try to remedy it.

Stephanie

o

hi,

I've been using the microfluer too, and I love it. I often crumble dried oregano flowers into my hand made paper, as well as dried strawflowers and pressed purple delphinium, with minimal color bleeding. I've found that it's just a trial and error process. Hope this helps...

o

Experiment, experiment! Some flowers will fade when added to handmade paper. Others keep their colors well. Many blues fade. Larkspur (rose and purples hold their color well.) Try deep colors. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here