Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embedding flowers in clear resin

Posted by rosarae NZ (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 03 at 23:59

I would like to try this but have no idea how to start. Has anyone heard of this or can reccomend some books to read on the process?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embedding flowers in clear resin

• Posted by jdfo Wayne,PA USA (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 22, 03 at 9:10

You can find some excellent information on this subject at www.naturespressed.com. On their home page click on the flower that is titled Products. On this page click on Craft-Books/Project-Sheets Exotic. On the left side of this page you will be able to scroll down to Coasters/Paper Weight Project Sheet. Here you will find more than enough information on what you are asking for.
John O.

o

Thanks John O. I'll scoot over to that address now

o

that page is now outdated. has anyone found a new one?

o

Here is some input.

Here is a link that might be useful: input

o

Here is a link to martha project for flowers (coasters) in pressed glass.... she uses pansies but I'm sure you could use anything...... :)

Here is a link that might be useful: coasters

o

thanks, i'm thinking of using passion flowers. i'd like them to keep their 3-d shape, but that's another good idea for other flowers.

o

good luck with the birds of paradise. I've been trying to dry orchid blooms, which also have a 3-D shape and embed them in polyester resin with little success. I used silica gel to dry the blooms, and they shriveled a little and lost some of their color. Then sprayed them with 2 coats of clear acrylic to make them rigid, also to protect them from the catalyzing resin. Then soak the acryliced flower in catalyzing resin, place it where you want it, and pour it into your mold. You typically need to do a multi-layer pouring to keep the flower upright. Air bubbles are killer, but if you let it cure someplace cool, it will take longer, and the air will have more time to escape. good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here