Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magret_gw

First Time Here

Magret
20 years ago

Hello to all and Happy Holidays. This is my first visit and post here at Dried Flowers Forum. I've been a member and frequent visitor to GardenWeb. I have to confess there are so many great forums and wonderful things to read here that it's hard to get it all in. But I'm going to make this one of my more frequent stops.

I've been working with dried materials for about 10 years. I've dabbled for years but am getting more serious now. This growing year (spring '04) I plan to concentrate on grasses and grains. I have a lot of flowers but I usually have to go to a local craft store for grasses, grains and things like willow.

As an aside, yesterday I stopped in my local JoAnn fabric store to get some grass materials for filler for my Christmas arrangements. I was astonished to find that they were tearing down, and almost out of, all things Christmas and putting up Valentines!! It's not even Christmas yet. I guess it should come as no surprise seeing as how this same store was setting up Christmas trees in August.

What is your favorite source for ornamental grass or grain seed? Or, do you have the names of the some good suppliers of dried grass and grain materials? I'd really like some things you don't see often.

Thanks,

Magret

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH