Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pressed flowers are well dried or not?

Posted by flora_ind (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 05 at 12:11

Can anybody tell me that how to test pressed flowers/ leaves are ready to use? Once i paste yellow gerbera petals on card. after 2 -3 days they turned brown as they were not complete dry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pressed flowers are well dried or not?

• Posted by Josh z8a AL (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 3, 05 at 3:39

Flora, I've never pressed Gerbera, but I'd wait at least 2 weeks with something I'd never tried before just to be absolutely sure they are fully dried. Or maybe have a "test" sample...leaving most undisturbed. For thick petals, you might try changing your blotter paper after a few days, but be careful as oftentimes petals may be stuck to paper. Sometimes you can bend paper slightly to free the petals, or tap lightly on the opposite side of paper, or even better wait another day or two. Then place on fresh blotter paper, cover with another sheet, and place back in your press (or under weight of some kind).

Most of us press far more than we think we might need as some do shatter or not turn out well, but once dried they will retain color for years if stored in dark (I just leave mine in old phonebook with rubberbands around it to keep tightly closed).

It's hard to describe exactly how you'll know when the material is fully dried...I just try to "curb my enthusiasm" and work on some other project for a few weeks. Good luck...josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dried & Pressed Flowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here