Return to the Drought Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bleach in water

Posted by hdladyblu_2007 7bGa. (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 19:09

i posted this in another forum before i saw this one.here in ga. we have a drought going on.i live in the woods and have[had]well water.my well has gone dry.i have been using recycled water to water my plants.my question is,how much bleach in water can plants tolerate before it becomes toxic?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bleach in water

Two-parter:
1. How much bleach can go in a garden bed depends a lot on the kind of soil, and I know nothin' about Georgia soil, let alone yours.
2. More bleach could go in the soil if the rains were working right to help leach it through. That's not happening.

"Some" bleach should be ok. If you're using used laundry-water for plants, you might want to bleach the things you most want bleached in a bucket. Then wring them out, and throw them in the washer. Save the bucket of bleach water.... You can use it again in a few days, and nothing much can contaminate it. But the amount of bleach left in the washer-water should be fine for plants and other uses.
Linda S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Drought Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here