Return to the Drought Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drift Roses - Drought friendly?

Posted by txjoyce none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 10:01

Anyone here have any experience with Drift Roses? They are related to Knock Out roses which work well here in San Antonio once they are established. Drift roses are low growing and can be used as a groundcover -- just wondering if they can survive a drought. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drift Roses - Drought friendly?

Not sure about drift roses but I have double knock outs. They are very drought friendly. I have never watered them and they have new blooms every time it rains.

o
RE: Drift Roses - Drought friendly?

ESTABLISHED ones are not water hogs.

But when you say "survive a drought" you need to define how long and how hot this drought will be. And if you mean "no rain" or "less rain".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Drought Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here