Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuanh_gw

rain water collect system...

tuanh
19 years ago

here is my rain watter colecting sysytem, please look on the link below. also my tropical garden pics,so far this year i did not use a drop of water out of gardening hose. heavy mulch and moderate rain water keep them plants look good.

Here is a link that might be useful: rain barrels system...

Comments (9)

• Clare
    19 years ago

I see five barrels in your photo, but cannot tell how big they are. Does your rainiest season correspond with your best growing season?

• tuanh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Clare, the barrel are 55gal- each, i have 15 barrels. "Does your rainiest season correspond with your best growing season?" yes it does! rain water have more nutrient and mineral in it for the plant need than that of tap water.

• patusho25
    19 years ago

I dont think rain water has more nutrient or mineral in it, all the contraire, remember rain was evaporated and then condensated by clouds...and do you remember if you take a glass of water and sink 1 marble in it and aloud to evaporate with the sun?????? yes, on ly the marble, rain water has no minerals in it!!!!

well, rain water is good and all plants grow only because in that water there are no minerals, this is ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY = 0, so, you must remember that sap flow is about 16, so if the water that drinks plants is nearly 0 in EC, so, water will enter very easily to the plant, that is why our plants grow better in the rainy season.

sorry, my spelling.

• hoover67
    18 years ago

Tuanh,

Where did you find your rainbarrels?

• tuanh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hoover, the owner of a company (that provide concentrate detergen and cleaning solution for industrial use.) he let me have them for free.

• tuanh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

patus, i am not scientis guru or anything of that sort but i do know there are sources of nutrient present in rain water! for an example; nitrogen is present in the soil and also small number present in the air, of course traces of nitrogen is not present in the air with the size of a basket ball:-)! there good elements and also bad element present in the rain water, like pollutions and stuffs. you can try bottle up 1gal milk jug of rain water and city water, put both in bright shade then watch. algea will grow in the rain water jugs but not the other, algea need light,nitrogen, and other sufficient nutrient to grow- not just soft water!

• drafted72
    18 years ago

Where does the rain water come from??

It runs off of your asphalt roof, which is made up of very small crushed rocks which have been painted with a very toxic paint to remain on the rocks and place upon a bed of very toxic petroleum based hot tar. The water the slowly seeps through this toxic maze and into the gutter and into your barrels.

Then these same do-gooders raves about how great this water is, but at the same time they scream about not have pressure treated wood within 1 mile of their veggies, because to contaminate run off.

I just wonder why they never saw this inconsistency

• tuanh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Drafted, yes you are right! but toxic and chemical are everywhere and is unavoidble no matter what you do.
    example; lead and MCPE toxin are present in municiple water, toxicity level are vary in many cities. are they harmful? yes, too much of them can be no good and the only thing that we can do is to keep them at lower level, but we can not totally eliminated. i am not an ORGANIC gardener myself and i don't believe there is such thing.

• drafted72
    18 years ago

Please do not get me wrong, I was just having a little fun about the rain barrels!