Return to the Drought Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curled up soaker hoses

Posted by adker 4 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 03 at 21:18

I think this might be appropriate for this forum, I'm usually lurking over in the Northern Gardening forum.

Anyway...

does anyone have a good way to uncurl the recycled tire soaker hoses without kinking them and possibly damaging them?

Imagine my disappointment this evening when I went outside to install my new water-saving system and took down two of my perennials with that maddening curly monster.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Adker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curled up soaker hoses

Leave them lying on a hot driveway until they soften up a bit, then uncoil them.

o

I stretch them gently as I lay them out and use stakes to hold them in place until they soften up a little.

o

I make hairpins out of old stiff wire andpin them down if thye are notcooperaytive, or just set a rock on them. Eventually they petrify in place.

o

I run water through mine for a couple of hours then they lay nice. Julene

o

I initially use bricks to hold them in place. Then after a week or two the hose will loose that "coil" memory and I can remove the bricks.

o

Use landscaper stakes. You can obtain these at most hardware stores and they are inexpensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Drought Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here