Return to the Drought Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
watering gardens_research

Posted by maartend (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 19:10

HI there,
My name is Maarten and I am a designer researching water irrigation systems and hoping to learn more about different views on how you take care of your garden.
Here are some questions which I greatly appreciate getting your feedback on. The list may seem a little long but feedback on any question would be super helpful!

You can respond directly to this posting or e-mail me at gardenresearcher@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Questionnaire - Water irrigation

General Info
Describe your garden (what vegetation, size of lawn
Why do you like your garden, how does it make you feel, mood?
Any other activities that make you feel that way?
How long have you been gardening, and why?
How often in the week do you garden, and are there occasions when you pay extra attention to the garden?
When during the day do you garden, and for how long at a time?
Do you garden alone or with others?
Which part of the garden(s) requires the most attention, and what do you enjoy the most?

Your system
What is your current process or system for watering?
Which parts of the garden do you water regularly, and are there different areas to the garden with different needs?
How often do you water, are there different schedules throughout the seasons.
What do you like and dislike about your current system? (any big pain points)
What (if anything) do you worry or get concerned about? (e.g. poor coverage, water conservation, enough water, etc)
Any Improvised homemade solutions
Why + when + where did you buy your current water irrigation products (features, functions?)
What are you looking for when you are shopping for water irrigation products (material, form, color?)
What would you replace next and what would you look for same or different?
Have you had any issues installing or setting up the current system in the past what elements are most apparent?
Does it require maintenance and how do you maintain it?
If applicable, where do you store the product(s) (indoors and outdoors)?
Are you looking into expanding the existing or buying a new system entirely? Where do you shop for them?
Have you seen anything that you think is really great on the market that you would like to get?? (innovative features, and functional improvements)

Your Ideal garden irrigation system
oWhat could make the process better for you?
oWhat other features would you like to introduce?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Drought Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here