Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shubies

Non running pink strawberry

shubies
17 years ago

I hope this is the proper forum for me to post in. I can't seem to find one that concerns strawberries... : (

In the summer of 05 I bought a pink flowered strawberry in a local nursery. I planted it in a pot on my porch, never thinking to notice its name. I was very impressed with this plant, it grew and bloomed beautifully all summer long and produced quite a few delicious small berries too. It did not have runners but instead formed a beautiful healthy large mound. That fall I separated it's rooted stolons that had grown close to the plant, and replanted them. I left them all outside in the pot over the winter and was very disappointed in the spring to find that they had all died.

So, last spring I went to the same nursery to purchase more of that lovely plant. They sold me Fragaria Lipstick. And told me that was all they had available. I was very disappointed with Lipstick because all it seemed to want to do was run all over the place and make dozens of small plants and very few small flowers or berries.

In the mean time, I have searched the Internet and everywhere else I can think of, to find another plant like the one I had before. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps I had Pink Panda that first year. But, I believe it is also a runner producing plant. Lipsick is classified as an Alpine, and I thought Alpines were runnerless.? Can someone please help me? Is Pink Panda the plant I'm looking for? Or am I looking for a plant that is extremely rare, or does not exist? I'd really be greatfull for any help that anyone has to offer so I can locate the right plant for growing this spring!

Thank you

Patsy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments (2)