Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katyakatya1

Need fresh bay leaves

KatyaKatya
11 years ago

Dear fellow gardeners, I am going to post this in several forums, so excuse me if you see it many times. I am looking for somebody who has a bay laurel tree (Laurus nobilis, of the plant family Lauraceae, also known as sweet bay), big and strong enough to spare a few branches for me. I am in search of fresh leaves, not dry ones, and I need more of them than I could afford if I buy fresh ones ( where fresh ones are available, it is going to be a few sprigs in a small plastic case at a prohibitive price). Also, my use for them is not a food use, so I donâÂÂt care if the tree is growing next to a highway etc. I am ready to pay reasonably for them (or could swap? What are you looking for?). I am willing to drive a couple of hours to get them. I know that in a mild climate, bay trees grow very well, so they should exist not far to the South from me. I am in Johnson City TN and bay trees do not perform well here. I need the leaves around the last week of April, so there is still time. Thank you very much for your patience, I know it all sounds weird but gardeners are used to everything. I will be checking for replies. Katya.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz