Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowdogmama

Have lots of paw paw seeds for trade

snowdogmama
18 years ago

I have lots of paw paw seeds available for trade. They are Mary Foos Johnson x Wells. They have been properly stratified in the fridge this winter and should have a high germination rate. I have lots of things on my trade list that I desire. Maybe you have something I want!

Comments (5)

• triplearth
    18 years ago

I would love some pawpaw seeds I looked for your wish list but couldnt find anything I have lots of interesting medicinals let me know...brian

• snowdogmama
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Brian, Please send me a list of the plants, seeds, cuttings, etc that you have available to trade. You might want to change your garden web settings to allow folks to send you emails also. Pam

• billcolq
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I would like to try paw paws in this area (NY near the Canadian border and Lake Champlain where weather moderation usually prevents super cold). I understand the Wells variety is pretty large and excellent tasting.

Let's see, what could I trade that you probably don't already have:

- ginseng seeds
    - a few bloodroot plants, pretty white flower and unusual foliage. Sanguinaria produces an antibacterial and has an effect like morphine - used by Am. indians to paint war markings.
    - elderberry or highbush cranberry cuttings - grow about 8' tall and produce clusters of flowers and berries. Elderberries make good jelly. Highbush cranberrries are not true cranberries, but they can make the same tasting cranberry sauce, a little more tart maybe.
    - wintergreen - a small groundcover plant that has an unusual tasting red berry like wintergreen lozenges
    - In the late spring I could send plants of a local nursery strawberry. That's when mine make runners. It's from Pray's Farm and comes in very early. They won't tell what it is a hybrid of because they want the market. So I don't know that info. It's not a huge berry, average size, but very tasty and the plants are extremely prolific, producing 5-10 plants from each original. Some of the runners have 2 and three new plants, and they all take.
    - I have starter McIntosh apple trees that are looking very healthy.

Any of that sound interesting? If not, let me hear back what you might like. Thanks Bill (BC08@localnet.com)

• billcolq
    15 years ago

Hi again,
    I see that you like orchids. I have a little groundcover that is quite like an orchid. It's Polygala paucifolia or Gaywings. You can look at it on Wikipedia.com. It's not a true orchid but the flower is very beautiful and look like an orchid. And it would complement your collection.
    I'm interested in your Paw Paw seeds.
    Thnaks - Bill (BC08@localnet.com)

• bigmike825_aol_com
    15 years ago

HI I AM HANDICAPPED AND AM DESPARAE TO GET SOME SEEDS FOR PAW PAWS! IF I WAS ABLE i WOILD PURCHASE SEEDLINGS BUT BEING RETIRED I AM NOW DAYS UNABLE TO DO THESE THINGS SO I WILL TRY AND FIND SEEDS. THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. MIKE P.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida