Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuttings from Kazake or/and Salavatsky Pomegranates

Posted by norsk99 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 9, 09 at 13:35

Guys,

Is anybody planning to trim your known variety of Kazake or/and Salavatsky pomegranates this spring?
I would love to have cutting. Please, let me know if cuttings are available and how to get them.

I have "Russian pom" from Edible landscape, planted last spring. It grows from 1 to 6 feet. Withstand 20F (lowest we had) with absolutely no damage. About 25 ft from house along the fence. Full sun. DFW area.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuttings from Kazake or/and Salavatsky Pomegranates

Try the USDA-ARS "GRIN" site for free cuttings of all sorts of rare pomegranates as well as thousands of other plants. Paul.

o

norsk99 - would you please share how you planted and cared for your Russina pom from Edible? I have it on order, not sure when it will come. I am in Central VA , south of Richmond. I plan to put one tree facing East, not near any building, but it will get full sun as soon as the sun rises high enough to get over the high pines. Then it should get full sun until about 3-4 pm when the sun goes over the house. Any tips you can give would be appreciated.

o

Hi, jollyrd

I did not do anything special. I have bad drainage ( black clay), so I build a box 2ft x 2ft x 6 inches, filled it up with cow manure out of the Home Depot and planted pomegranate on top of it. Every 2 week I fertilized it with Miracle Grow. Started with 10% of recommended concentration, slowly bringing it up to full strength. Thats all I did.
Now there are about 15 flower buds. Just do not know how many of them will survive.
Good luck with your pom.

Norsk

o
re: usda-ars 'grin'

Thanks, Paul,

They do not have Kazake..

Norsk

o

I grow kazake and Salvatski. They spent their 2nd winter in ground in my yard with no winter damage so far. lowest temperatures went to at least -5 f.
Contact me if you're interested.
Bass

Here is a link that might be useful: trees of joy

o

Thank you, Bonsaist

I sent you the PM.

Best regards,
Norsk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here