Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where can i buy sea buckthorn?

Posted by knifer (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 14:32

I found one place online but they have only females. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where can i buy sea buckthorn?

Seabuckthorn is invasive so it is banned from retail sale in many states. There are plenty of reliable online sources through you could use. I prefer OneGreenWorld.com Their bareroot plant stock is rather small, but reliable. At this time in the season many places may have run out of plants.

o

burntridge.com, onegreenworld.com, raintree.com and ediblelandscape.com all have these as well as many others but these are the ones I know have them.

o

Mine grew great guns for 3 years. Invasive as mentioned.

Fruit was plucked by birds before I could sample much - that which I got was good.

I took them out due to the uncontrolled growth (they were 10 feet tall/wide after 3 years) and the inch-long thorns.

I'll return to these when my kids are done playing in the yard and I can contain the growth better.

They certainly are not finnicky.

o

Dear Sirs;
Have a nice day to you,
For Seabuckthorn (oleum hippophaes) oil ;We have good experence to export seabuckthorn oil to Europe country like Spain,Romania,Lativia ;
We would like to show you below information for your reference;
Seabuckthorn pulp oil

--Active ingredient:
Seabuckthorn pulp oil(extraced by centrifugal speed and separation from raw pulp) is rich in saturated fatty acids which including palmitic acid( about 20%), palmitoleic acid(about 35%), stearic acid(0.5%), oleic acid(31%), linoleic acid(8%) and linolenic acid(3.5%) and also high carotenoids(total more than 180mg per 100g), VE, VA. So it has a high application value in anti-oxidants, eliminating free radicle, restraining aging.
--Application
Seabuckthorn Pulp Oil can be raw matereial to use in health care, cosmetics and drugs.
---Function:
1. For internal use ??Protection of gastric mucosa; anti-oxidation; regulate immune function; anti-tumor; the protection of cardiovascular; hepatoprotective role.

2. For external use: To promote the role of epidermal growth, skin trauma and due to radiation, burn, scald the skin caused by inflammation of mucous membranes have good curative effect, and there are emollients, sunscreen capabilities. In addition, inflammation can also be used to treat vaginal mucosa, cervix within the meningitis, diseases such as cervical erosion.

Seabuckthorn seed oil

--Active ingredient:Palmitic acid (about 9.53%), palmitoleic acid (about 0.74%), stearic acid (about 2.50%), oleic acid (about 22.30%), linoleic acid( about 36.02%) and linolenic acid( about 28.32%), peanut acid( about 0.32%); Vitamin E, vitamin A, Vitamin B1, VB2, VB6; ??-tocopherol,carotenoid, unsaturated acids etc.

--Functions:

For internal use ??Scavenging free radicals, anti-oxidation, anti-aging; improving immunization; against myocardial ischemia; protecting the heart; reducing blood viscosity, preventing the occurrence of thrombosis; Protective effect of liver; the protection of gastric mucosa, relieve ulcers.

For external use: moisturizing, face caring, sunscreen, treating burns and trauma.

--Applications:
Health food ;
Pharmaceutical material ;
Personal care products ;
Multiple antioxidants .

Your early reply is highly appreciated.
Best regards

James Lee / Marketing Executive Manager
Hongkong Tianjian chemicals International Limited
Deyang YiYang Biochem Co.;Ltd
Hongkong office: Rm. 2105??JCD113,Trend Centre,29-31 Cheung Lee Street,Chai Wan,,HongKong
China mainland office: 468# Yuquan Rd Deyang City, Sichuan Province P.R.China
Tel: +86(838)8093337, Fax: +86(838)2519793
Cell: +86 135 4826 6558
http://www.yibiochem.com
http://yibiochem.en.ecplaza.net
email: info@yibiochem.com
MSN: capt.leeu@hotmail.com
Yahoo:capt.leeu@yahoo.com
Gmail: capt.leeu@gmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: http://yibiochem.en.ecplaza.net

o

I found out that you can get the shrubs for free in Canada. I was reading an article at: http://www.powerberryseabuckthorn.com/a-super-food-seabuckthorn/growing-sea-buckthorns.html

It said that you can obtain them for free from PFRA (prairie shelterbelt something or other). I placed an order, and have a few growing in my yard now. I have a big yard, so their size shouldn't be a problem. The berries taste great too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Sea buckthorn

o

Seeds, Plants and tons of information available on this blog. http://seaberry-hippophaerhamnoides.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Sea Buckthorn Culture / Agroecology

o

Just another quick note.. Plants are ready to be shipped the week of March 3rd.
Plants range in size from 18' to 36' and are all priced the same.
http://seaberry-hippophaerhamnoides.blogspot.com/p/seaberry-plants-for-sale.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Seaberry plants for sale

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here