Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pakistan mulberry problems

Posted by anthonyaz southern california (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 21:22

can you tell me what is wrong with me Pakistan mulberry tree? you cant see much in the picture but the leaves are starting to shrivel and and berries are very thin and dry. also a lot of the fruit is falling off the tree. this is the second year ive had this problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pakistan mulberry problems

have you inspected it for bugs or scale ?

Could be a water issue.
sometimes plats will look like they are not getting enough water, when it is getting plenty, but the roots are just not taking it up for some reason.

same with minerals.

my papaya do this to me when they get root-rot.
leaves wilt, looking like they dont have enough water, when the ground is saturated.

i have a 25ft Alba, but never had that problem.
I am actually looking for cuttings ....
for Nigra - or Pakistan - :)

if you could oblige, i am happy to pay shipping in advance.
would kinda like to make sure your plant
doesnt have a virus first though...
LOL

Brad

o
RE: pakistan mulberry problems

What is your soil like? Mine is in decomposed granite, well drained and on a drip. It's thriving. We have two. Started about 18 last fall, and only 2 made it, but they are growing like weeds now.

If your soil is clay, maybe too much water?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here