Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newbiegardner

Recommend South Florida Edible Landscape Designer/Consultant

newbiegardner
15 years ago

I am looking for someone to help me with a landscape design for my 2 acre property. On 1 acre I have my home. The seconed acre is a vacant field.

I am looking for a landscape designer with experience in fruit trees. I need enough fruit trees on my 1 acre vacant field property to qualify for the "agricultural" property tax break in Broward County. How many is enough?

The problem is that I don't want the land to "look like a farm" with nice neat rows of "crops". Instead, I would like to give it a nice, tropical fruit garden feel.

Another consideration is that I have a 180 foot iron fence planned for the front of the property and would like privacy and would like to plant so that my acre is screened from the road. I've read about some folks planting a "fruit hedge" and it sounds like a nice idea....but need expert help and advice.

I am looking for fruit trees that look nice and have leaves year round. I have some lychee trees and mango trees on my current home property that are very nice and don't look "farmy" but I also have some Sugar Apple trees that lose all their leaves in the winter and look horrible most of the year.

I can't seem to find anyone that is experienced in edible landscape designing and am open to any recommendations/suggestions. The few that I have found have their own nurseries and seem to want to sell me on whatever they have on hand.

I am willing to pay hourly for a consultation but want "neutral" advice and a design that is not based on anyone's current inventory.

Please help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting