Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to the Gardening World...

Posted by jackern Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, May 10, 09 at 20:45

I'm a newbie urban gardener and I'd like to get a feel for who else keeps gardens nowadays and why. Any comments would be immensly appreciated!
Why did you start a garden (for food, a hobby, aesthetic appeal, etc.)?
How old are you?
Where do you live and what type of environment do you live in(urban, suburban, rural, etc.)?
How long have you been growing fruits, veggies, herbs or flowers?
What is your favorite thing about gardening?

I want to discuss this on my blog, www.diysamurai.wordpress.com. Check it out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to the Gardening World...

until last year I lived in the city, and found that tending a garden was very relaxing for me, started off very small one tomato, one cuke, well every year I added something enlarging the patch a wee bit until I used all the space I could use, now that I live in the country I have expanded into fruit trees, fruiting shrubs and vines also putting in herb beds. I am at peace here watching my plants grow.

o
RE: New to the Gardening World...

Hi Jackern & Mudflapper,

I am joined the garden web just a week ago.
I am interested in Veggie, Herb and Fruit gardening.
Got my backyard ready just this weekend. (moved into the new home 6 months back)
I got a raised bed for my veggies.
A nine hole herb pot for my herbs.. did it just now in fact (i dont know how to use the herbs apart from the sensuous smell)
Got 2 oranges (tangarine & tangelo) trees, a peach tree, a lime tree,
4 asian fruit plants that i bought online. (these plants r just 2-3 feet tall with 6-9 leaves on them)Trying to figure out how to increase the leaf & leaf bud growth. Any advice would be great!!

I am passionate about gardening and this is the first time I am able to get a backyard to try my hand in gardening.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Padma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here