Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Edible landscaping contractor in NY, NJ or PA

Posted by Andys_Garden 08902 (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 05 at 20:46

Does anyone know of an edible landscape contractor in NY, NJ or PA? I have been doing it myself but we would like to see what a pro can do. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Edible landscaping contractor in NY, NJ or PA

I'm in the same boat here in DC area. Haven't found anyone halfway competent in edibles (fruit trees, vines, and shrubs) in a suburban residential setting.

We've had to alter our plans by including ornamental evergreens for screening and aesthetics. Our edible plantings now includes camellias, yew, hollies, rhododendron, azaleas, etc. to compliment the fruits (which are almost all deciduous, slow growers, and avaialble relatively small.

We're into year 4 for most and things are starting to come together.

o
RE: Edible landscaping contractor in NY, NJ or PA

I bought a couple of books on edible landscaping and devoured them. Then I hired a landscape designer. I'm in the process of converting her plan to an edible one. For every non-edible plant she recommended, I'm searching for a similar edible plant or something complimentary looking. You have to know quite a bit about the look and behavior of the edibles though to do this. This forum has been helpful, but I still think a lot of it is trial and error. Luckily my boss has an edible landscape at his house, and he knows this area. I haven't installed my landscape yet, I hope to document it in pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here