Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emcd124

Good place to buy cranberry?

emcd124
11 years ago

I'm increasingly interested in edible landscaping, and gradually transforming the landscape we inherited when we bought our home last year into one with more edible elements. I'm interested in putting in some cranberries or lingonberries. I am hoping for three kinds of feedback:

1. A good source to buy from. I'd like to put some in still this year, but I'm running out of time for Zone 5. Indiana Berry is all sold out for the year, so I wondered if folks could recommend another good company to order from, or convince me its already too late for this year.

2. From folks who grew either or both, I'm wondering how difficult they are. I'm really hoping for something that mostly cares for itself once established. We have in ground sprinklers for watering during dry spells, so that shouldnt be an issue. But I want to stay away from plants like blueberries, which just sound notoriously fickle about growing. I want a nice hardy, robust plant with a will to live. Which of these options best fits that bill?

3. Any particular favorite varieties of cranberry you would recommend growing?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus