Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvee

help my blueberry bushes

melvee
13 years ago

i have two blueberry bushes. one is about 2 years old and the other i just bought this spring. both are affected, the older one looks worse.

i am in SE Virginia. both are in containers and in full sun from dawn until about 6 pm. when i planted them, i put in about 1:1 peat moss to potting soil. the older one did great until about 1.5 weeks ago. now the leaves at the tips of the canes are turning brown and dying. we have had about 2 weeks with no rain and temps in the 90s. i check the moisture and keep it 'moist' as best i can. i just recently bought a pH test kit, which read about 7. about a week before that, i had amended both with more peat moss as a top-dressing.

anybody know what could be causing this? i was afraid i put too much peat but the reading is high. does too high a pH cause browning like this? maybe overwatering? i am trying to attach pics but looks like i can only get one. here is a second. http://lh3.ggpht.com/_wXtq-28Z6jM/TDNM8KCDqCI/AAAAAAAAAt8/TntyEbEqIA8/DSCF0729_4.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:668108}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored