Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what can i plant in the fall?

pumpkin, squash, radish.

o

• Posted by EricWI Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 19, 04 at 22:08

I have had success planting blueberry shrubs in the fall.

o

It may be too late, but peas planted in mid to late July for a fall harvest will do nicely. Broccoli will do well too.

o

Mache (corn salad), turnip greens, oriental veggies, spinach, chard. Grains like winter wheat.

Squash and pumpkins are hot weather crops that will not grow in the fall except in the farthest southern regions.

Transplant or divide rhubarb, chives, horseradish, mint.

Fall is the time to plant a stand of Jerusalem artichokes, and all the wintering onions; shallots, multiplier, etc.

o

just wanted to say a belated thanks to everyone who responded here. i did manage to plant some snow peas and got a few, but it mostly succumbed to the cold. hopefully
i'll be a better planner next year, i kept a list of all your suggestions!

take care,

stef

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here