Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enid_gw

ID help

Enid
19 years ago

While walking my goat sunday morning (ok, I'm weird, I have a pet goat and I take her on excursions to see what she likes to eat so I can get some of it growing), I spotted some prostrated plants, leaves look like cherrie or apricot leaves, the fruits are white with a red blush and large seed inside, fruit is about an inch long (oblong) and the meat is pure white. Chiqui ( the goat) declared the fruit edible, but she would not touch the leaves. Later searches for hours and found out all prunus have cyanides in leaves and stems ( smart goat). Could not find anything at all that looks like it, thou. The plant itself were maybe 4-6 inches tall, most of the growth seemed to hug the ground, oh yes, it smells sweet, like something I have smelled before but cannot put my finger on it. Any help in my search will be appreciated. Unfortunately I dont have a digi cam to take pics.

Also it's growing in sand ( florida) with a southern exposure. I suspect is probably a native plant, but I cannot find it in any database I have checked.

Thanks in advance

Enid

Oh yes, I tasted it, sweet but no particular flavor ( just a nibble), I thought the flavor would give me an idea, but didnt work out that way.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living